OBJECTIVES OF THE NEW INTEGRATED PUBLIC TRANSPORT SYSTEM OF BOGOTÁ
- Elimination of the so-called penny-pin war thanks to the direct contracting of operators. These operators come from the current model of public transport and are hired directly by the operating concessionaire, where they must undergo a training and selection process for the provision of the service.
- Achieve 100% coverage in the provision of the city's public transport service.
- Integrate the operation and the tariff, balancing the demand for buses in all areas.
- Technologically adjust the current fleet, reducing accident rates and improving accessibility.
WHAT IS TRANSFORMED WITH THE NEW INTEGRATED PUBLIC TRANSPORT SYSTEM OF BOGOTÁ?
- Now a single system will offer users all the services that he needs to combine in order to reach his destination (Transmilenio, Shuttle, Urban, Complementary and Special).
- There will be an integrated fee, which means that the user pays for his / her bus or TransMilenio trip and if he / she immediately needs a second trip to get to work, home or destination, he / she will only have to pay an additional amount ($ 300 in peak hours; In valley time) and not another ticket.
- New routes scheme: Trunks, Urban, Shuttles, Complementary and Special.
- Zonal operation: thirteen zones and a neutral zone.
- Service life of the SITP fleet: 12 years.
- Tariff integration.
- Centralized collection - single payment method.
- Democratization of SITP - Active ownership of owners.
The new Bogotá transportation system will integrate the bus, mini bus or collective bus with TransMilenio. This will facilitate the dynamic use of public transport and give more order, security, economy and accessibility.
This change will occur gradually and the SITP will work hand by hand with the citizens to educate users on the new services, payment methods and other changes that are generated.